Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Reframe

I was feeling so good this morning! For about an hour.

Then I started feeling puny again and got really sad.

Then I remembered that I had taken some ibuprofen at 5 and gone back to sleep which is why I woke up feeling better. I was so depressed.

I was beginning to think that I 'am' this sick, blah, lazy person. What I needed was a 'reframe'. In therapy we sometimes help people 'reframe' their problem. It's just another way to look at things that's more helpful. In my reframe I thought about what I had accomplished in that hour when I thought I was well. I actually got quite a bit done and felt like my old self again. I was happy, even a little bit bubbly and energetic. I kind of liked that girl.

That's who I will be when I am better and I will be better soon. Maybe not today or tomorrow but soon. Until then I can keep enjoying rest and I can trust myself a little more and give myself a break.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm bringing a big hug to Oklahoma in a couple of days. Need me to bring anything else?

catherine said...

The hug sounds like plenty! Unless you want to bring some babies with you? Oh Wait! I'm contagious. :P