Saturday, August 20, 2011

To Paint or Not To Paint?

We allowed our kids to pick their rooms' paint colors when we moved into this house. My daughter picked 4 colors of olive and tan. Our painter was not thrilled. My son picked navy blue. When he moved to college this week she moved into his room and he will move into her old room, which is smaller, when he comes home.

I bought this bed at a garage sale and I love it.

I planned to put it in my daughter's room when she moved to the navy room and just polish it up a bit. The side rails especially need attention, as you can see. But now my daughter has decided she doesn't want the bed in her room. I think she just doesn't want to go through the hassle of putting it together and doesn't want me to mess around in her room. She's Miss Independent and always has been.

So, now I have this gorgeous bed that I will use in one of the bedrooms in this house. We have two black dressers and I want to have a black and blue room. Here is an inspiration picture that kind of communicates the color scheme.


We have a comforter set that is more like this minus the pink:

So, here's the big dilemma - I'm thinking about painting the bed black. What do you think?

3 comments:

Abbie said...

I totally understand why you would want to paint it black to match your other dressers and the bedding...... BUT, its so pretty. I would be torn as well. Im sure what ever you do will be beautiful!

Catherine said...

The problem is that I have to refinish it no matter what because of the side rails so it wouldn't be much more work. If it were an heirloom I probably wouldn't paint it.

Cindy said...

Black is beautiful!