Wednesday, August 24, 2011

More Fun At Home

Today my fever stayed pretty close to 100 and I was feeling cruddy this morning so I had to reschedule my sessions. After going to the pharmacy - and being very glad I didn't see anyone I knew since I was still in my pj's, don't judge, they look kind of like clothes - I came home and decided to do my best to enjoy the day off rather than feel sad about not going into the office. So here's what I've done so far.

I almost finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I hope to finish it tonight. After seeing the final movie I realized I hadn't really had time to read the books as they came out and began reading them. I'm really enjoying them. I had to get this one from the library but I also ordered it from Walmart because I want to own the whole set.
Then I watched "You've Got Mail", which is my sick day movie. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks were such a perfect match and I love Meg's store and apartment. At the moment I can't even remember their character's names. Let's just call that fever brain.
As I was watching the movie, I worked on making this bag. I've tried a couple of times to make it and couldn't figure out the pattern but today it seemed easy. That's one of my favorite things about crafting. Your ability and knowledge increases without much effort just through the enjoyment of the craft. Here is what it looks like so far.
After the movie, I painted my toenails. I have decided to spend my pedicure money a different way so I am going to try doing my own toe nails again. I will miss the three week pedicures the professionals do. No matter what I try, my home pedi's never last more than a week but it's worth it. I used sparkles as a top coat and I like 'em!
Well, I'm starting to feel woozy again. I think I'll crash. I wish I could pull my feet under the blanket but I'm pretty committed to this pedicure.

What's your favorite thing to do on sick days? I'd love to hear some ideas. I'm afraid this may not be over for me.


No comments: