Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Morning at Home

I am home this morning after a rough night with some physical problems. I still feel achy but mostly I feel grateful.



  • I am grateful for my husband who took good care of me last night even though he was leaving on a business trip at 5 this morning. I am also grateful that he is such a hunk.



  • I am grateful for the house that God gave us last summer and I am really grateful for all of the opportunities to entertain that we have had this summer. From work parties and family parties, to meeting my mother in law's new fiance, to hosting slumber parties and teenage boys who let you know they slept over by the open bags of chips in the kitchen and the cars in the driveway, I am grateful.


  • I am grateful for our hunting dog's new owners. My husband had a four year old hunting dog who had been pointing since he could walk. He was a bundle of energy and was really not a good fit for our relatively small yard and also had not been able to hunt much at all this year or last year. Wade felt like he needed to find a new home for him and yesterday we did. A really nice couple who have a 14 year old pointer, 9 acres for Paco to run on, and who hunt regularly came to get him yesterday. It was a sad day for Wade but it also felt like the right thing to him. Goodbye Paco. Be happy.


  • I am grateful for a quiet Sunday morning. Even though I'd prefer to be at church over being in bed being achy, this is pretty nice too.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

So sorry you are sick. I prescribe that you rest up for a week and then go on a cruise. Okay?

Catherine said...

sounds good to me!