Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Gift of Neediness

Ahhhh . . . .

That's a sigh, not a scream. After a wonderful weekend of intentional self care and time with my hubby I am refreshed and ready to serve today.

The puppy slept in his crate for the first time last night. He only cried four times. He has the sweetest, most pitiful cry. It really sounds sad. But he stopped crying when the hubby told him to. I think he was just saying 'what the heck guys?' and 'seriously?'. But I slept wonderfully and woke up feeling so refreshed this morning.

Have you ever had a meal or a night's sleep that made you say, 'Thank you Lord for making me need sleep!' I think about that sometimes after a wonderful meal or a good night's sleep. God didn't have to make us to need sleep or food. He could have made us to just keep going and going like little Energizer bunnies until we die but he made us to need to stop and refuel and he made the refueling so wonderful!

When I think about that I'm reminded that he didn't have to make the world beautiful or make our eyes in a way that we could see the beauty. He didn't have to make us with taste buds or make food so varied and delicious. He didn't have to make sleep so luxuriant and make us long for it regularly. He didn't have to make our hearts with a God shaped hole that feels like it has found it's home when we find Him.


But He did. I'm so grateful.

No comments: