Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happiness

I am generally a happy girl. Lately though, there has been a lot of bummer stuff happening, some big and some small. I'll spare you the details and spare myself the time complaining but Friday afternoon I decided to take charge of the unhappiness I was feeling. I couldn't fix most of the things that were making me unhappy but I could do a few things that I knew would make me feel better. So . . . .


  1. Friday night I made pasta primavera using a recipe from Cook's Country. My hubby helped me in the kitchen, which is one of my favorite things and it was yummy. I was still bummed but my tummy was happy.


  2. Saturday morning I slept in a little bit. When I woke up I had a new resolution to improve my sleeping habits by moving the puppy to his crate (sorry Charlie!), buy some summer pajamas, and stop drinking Coke after lunch time from now on. I think this will help me feel better in general.


  3. While I was getting dressed Saturday I took some time to play with the Puppy. Here's a video of what that fun looked like. He's so cute!




  4. Then I went shopping. The day before I had considered shopping therapy but felt a little bit out of control so I waited. There were a few items I really needed though so I headed to Name Brand Clothing with a list and came home with 2 tops, 3 shorts, 1 pair of pants, 1 skirt, and 1 blazer for $81. Wahoo! Presto magico! I am happy again!

I know to look to Jesus to meet my needs and He does. I have been talking to the Lord about all this nearly non stop and I see Him working. This weekend I think He worked through time with my hubby, making and eating good food, sleep, playing with my puppy, talking and texting with my sisters and best friend, and shopping. Thank you Lord.


What makes you happy when you are really blue or just wrung out? I'm always looking for good ideas . . .

No comments: