Saturday, July 23, 2011

Multitasking and Photography

Am I the only one who has to choose between taking pictures and being engaged in an activity? I just don't get how people multitask at parties and other family events. I am either taking pictures OR talking to people and having fun. I can't do both.

For example, we had a party at our house last night that was full of laughter, talking, eating, multi-generational xbox games, puppy patting (and feeding - yeah, I saw you), eating, advice giving, cooking, eating, and learning new recipes and the only picture I got that I am willing to post here was this one.

This is my husband's boss and she is an AMAZING cook. She made our rice, guacamole, and two kinds of salsa. It was so good! Both of her parents are chefs so she comes by it honestly. I have invited her to come over any time she wants as long as she comes about an hour before dinner time. I learned all kinds of little tricks from her.

I'd love some advice from you photographers out there in internet land. How do you have fun at an event, be involved as a host/parent/spouse/friend, and still get good pictures?

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Maybe hand the camera to someone else who would like something to do?