Monday, May 7, 2012

All Things

Today I woke up overwhelmed.

There is some pretty major stuff going on with the budget at work right now that will effect my practice.  I work for a non profit medical facility and sometimes 'non profit' means 'no money'.  Things were really picking up with my caseload and then WHAMMEE!  I had to slam on the brakes while we figure out how to work with what we have.

The thought that was on my mind was 'When am I ever going to just coast and enjoy having a little extra money and time and peace?'  That's what I thought was about to happen heading into last week.  I was pretty grumpy as I brought that thought to the Lord and you know what he said?  He said "All things work together for your good."  Since that was what he was saying to me, I thought I would look that passage up for my morning devotional and it is so meaty!  It's Romans 8:26-30 and here are a few of the things the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart:

  • I don't really know what to pray for but the Spirit prays/intercedes for me.  He helps me by praying for me because I am weak.  By the way, Jesus also prays for me but that's another verse.
  • The Holy Spirit helps me by praying the will of God for my life.  So while I might pray 'please make my path easy', the Holy Spirit is helping me by praying 'not my will but thine be done'.
  • I am destined to be transformed into the image of Christ.  That is what God is doing in me through everything that happens in my life.  
  • If I really know Jesus I will love him enough for that to be gloriously wonderful but that's a hard test for my love because sometimes I can get pretty pouty about not getting my own way.  
This morning I decided that it is enough to be changed to be like Jesus.  He is glorious.  He is strong.  He is loving.  He is true.  He is so wise.  He is everything I want to be.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry that you are having to cut back on your hours. Something good must be just over the horizon for you - you just can't see it, yet!

Catherine said...

I think I can see a lot of good things over the horizon but it means a change for me and maybe stepping outside of my comfort zone. I like my comfort zone.