Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Little Bit of Crochet

I finished a couple of crochet projects while I was sick and thought I'd show you.

This is the baby blanket I was working on during the cruise. It is for the newborn son of a dear friend of our family's, Aaron Kunzler. Aaron was in our youth group when our son was a baby and he and Nelson, our son, had a special friendship that has lasted all of Nelson's life. His son was born in the middle of August and I am FINALLY well enough to go get my hands on that baby! The blanket is in the washer getting ready to take it to meet the little guy and I hope I get to see him this week. The pattern for this blanket is available on Lion Brand's website here.

This afghan was improvised from a v-stitch prayer shawl pattern and I love the yarn I used! It is Lion brand Homespun Prairie and it is my favorite yarn in many of their colors. It looks so ugly on their internet page because they take such a small swatch but is such a beautiful yarn with many different colors that self stripe. Here is a swatch picture from my afghan.

I know some people really like to use natural fibers but I like acrylic for afghans because it is easy to wash and can be really soft. This yarn has a great weight that stitches up really quickly.

I am almost finished with my crocheted bag that I mentioned in an earlier post. I'll post pictures of it when I'm finished.


No comments: