Thursday, October 27, 2011

He Hears You. He Sees You



I am sitting in my office experiencing a miracle. I just got flowers from my sweet, sweet husband.


Although that is wonderful, it's not the miracle.


Just this morning I was drifting back to sleep after my husband left for work and I prayed, "I sure would like to get some flowers today Lord" as I went to sleep.

When I got up I was feeling frustrated that I have been sick for so long. I went into work and talked to our administrative assistant about how I was feeling then went into my office and began working while listening to my 'worship' playlist. One of the songs was saying 'how good you are to wash over me' and I closed the door so that I could lift my heart in worship and surrender to the Lord. While the door was closed and I was telling the Lord that he is good and worth it all and that I receive what he wants for me, there was a knock on the door. It was one of our front desk volunteers with a big smile on her face saying I had a delivery.


As I was walking to the front desk I remembered my sleepy prayer and thought 'surely not!' then took a few more steps and thought 'it can't be flowers'. The whole way to the front desk (I work at the back of the building) I was arguing with myself. Then I got there and it is the most beautiful arrangement of orange (my favorite color) lilies and coral tipped yellow roses from my sweet husband with a note saying 'sorry you're not feeling well. I love you!"


I am in awe that my Abba was listening to my self pitying self this morning.


I am in awe that he loves me this much.


I am in awe that he knows that in my heart I've been asking if he was listening to me pray for healing, even though he has so faithfully shared with me what he is doing my character through this extended illness.


I am in awe that he would use my wonderful husband to bless me so much and to remind me of the many, many blessings in my life in spite of sickness.


His love reaches to the heavens and to my bedroom and to my office.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautiful thoughts. Beautiful flowers.

Regina said...

Oh this is so precious...Wow beautiful picture of the ideal marriage triangle relationship. Thank you for sharing, blessed my heart. I hope you are fully recovered very soon!

Cheryl said...

Happy tear :')