Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hidden in Christ

I don't know about you but I struggle with believing what people say about me too much. If I'm not careful I find myself evaluating everything I do and say and plan by whether certain people will be impressed or like it or like me more because of it. I think it comes from being a good girl growing up. Or else it caused me to be a good girl growing up.

But it has turned into idolatry.

If people praise me, I find my ego getting inflated.



And it can be pretty scary how inflated I can become.

If people doubt me or (gulp) don't like me I can begin to doubt all of my motives and dive into this spiral of self improvement and self doubt that is exhausting and dizzying.


What is the answer? Yesterday I found this verse that really spoke to me. It is Colossians 3:2-4 and it says "Set your mind on things above, not on things that are on the earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you will appear also with him in glory."


That's what I want. I want to be hidden in Christ, knowing that whatever he says about me is true. Whatever he convicts me of he will give me the power to change. And then when he appears in all of his glory, I want to be right there with him.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Did we grow up in the same house or something? Right there with ya' sister. I don't care about what EVERYONE thinks, but if I care about your I CARE what you think to the extreme.