Sunday, June 12, 2011

This Weekend

We have had a fun and restful weekend. Friday night we took our girl out for a greasy burger. It rained buckets at exactly the time we were leaving the restaurant. Of course by the time we got to our house, in the safety and dryness of our garage, the rain had stopped but while we were walking to the car we might as well have been taking a bath.

She used the meal as an opportunity to attempt to convince her dad and I that it is reasonable for her to buy a plane ticket to Hawaii for a weekend trip so that she can check out the place she wants to go for missions next summer. She has a friend whose family is there for a month and has offered for her to stay with them. Seriously. She's planning to do missions in Hawaii. How do you get that assignment? And yeah. She thinks it's reasonable to just pop on over to check it out this summer. ha! I love teenagers!

Yesterday my hubby and I spent the day together shopping and having fun. Then last night we spent the evening with our adorable niece and nephew and my brother-in-law. We made gourmet hot dogs. Not really. We just grilled hot dogs and heated up some Wolf brand chili but it was fun. We hadn't seen the kids in a couple of weeks and we kind of like having them around. Cade does fun things like pointing a finger gun at you and expecting you to fall over - dramatically. I take great pleasure in obliging. He especially likes to shoot me while I'm cooking. Hmmm, hope he's not trying to tell me something. Calea does fun things like laughing that amazing little girl laugh that just melts your heart and makes you want to do whatever it takes to keep her laughing. Yes. We do silly things to produce that sound around our house. Totally worth it. My brother-in-law does fun things like bringing the kids to our house.

Today we had lunch with Mom and Dad. Mom is doing better all the time. She has her last surgery in about a week. We are all really looking forward to her being able to fully recover instead of recovering just enough to have more chemo or another surgery. Who knows? We may even take a trip together in the fall!

Tonight my husband has taken my son and some of his friends to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the NBA playoffs. Our daughter is at youth group and I'm home alone reflecting on a weekend well spent.

Tomorrow we all go back to our work weeks. We are ready. We have laughed. We have played. We have rested.

How about you? Did you get some rest and some laughter this weekend?

No comments: