Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Depending on His Strength

I am writing this from the love seat in one of the counseling rooms. The room is dark and I plan to take a nap before my first clients. I worked until 9:45 last night and had an 8AM session that cancelled after I got to work. Also, I seem to be getting some kind of stomach thing which woke me a few times last night. Or maybe it was the bbq chips I had for supper at 2AM when I woke up and realized I hadn't eaten . . . maybe.

So, here are my thoughts for the day:

1. II Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.' I am counting on the power of Christ to rest on me today. And memories remind me that days like this are usually the most powerful in the counseling room.

2. It is important that I take care of myself so that I can run the race set before me. I think that means rearranging my schedule a little bit . . . ya' think?

3. I love my job. I love a job that has a love seat and a dark room. I love being able to depend on the power of Christ and seeing Him transform lives. I love that I can arrange my schedule to fit my life. I am so grateful.

I hope that you are able to rest today if you need to and that you find the power of Christ resting on you whether you feel your weakness strongly or only your humanity. Take care of yourself. It's important.

No comments: