Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Little Bit of Yarn and Thread Fun

About three and a half years ago I had the idea that I would like to crochet an afghan for my children before they moved away for college.  The only problem was that I didn't crochet.  To fix that I bought I Taught Myself to Crochet and ... taught myself to crochet.  With a little help from my ten year old neighbor who learned from her grandma.

Do you remember these from January?



After I changed the mint green to lime green, they became these:



And now they look more like:


And soon they will have a ruffly border and be a twin sized bead cover/cozy blankie and they will go with my girl to Colorado for two. whole. months.  Away from me!

WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!  Crying over the girl leaving, not the blankie.  The blankie is supposed to leave me.  The girl is not.  Or maybe she is.  But I don't care.  WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

And, as a way to end this entry awkwardly . . . I also made this apron last month.  A girl's gotta brag.  Or this girl does anyway.

 

No comments: