Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mom has been SO MUCH BETTER the last couple of days.  Yesterday we went shopping.  She became tired before we got home, but so was I.  On Friday when I pulled up to her house, she was standing out front working on trimming up a plant.  She looked so healthy and wonderful.  It made me happier than just about anything I can think of.  Also, this week we heard from Dr. Moore, her oncologist.  Her CA 125 level has come down to almost normal.  That is great news that means that the chemo is working.

So, life seems to be returning to normal or rather the new normal.  Right now my life consists of family and work - and I LOVE IT.  It has been so wonderful to simplify.  I know this is where the Lord has me and I feel great satisfaction here. 

I'm sure Mom will continue to have good days and bad days and none of us is promised tomorrow but today my renewed knowledge of that truth is a good thing.

No comments: