Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life Goes On

Today my daughter was in the Homecoming Parade!  That was fun.  My kids go to rival high schools in our medium size bedroom community.  Here's the best picture I could get of her float.  I have this new phone see . . . and I can't figure it out.  I pointed the camera STRAIGHT AT HER and pushed a button and the screen went BLACK!  I had to chase that float around a corner to get this:



Yesterday was my "big" work day.  I got home at 9 and started again at 8 this morning.  Tomorrow I will head out around 8 and get home around 6.  But Friday I get to spend the day with Mom at the infusion clinic (since Dad has a cold) and thats totally worth working for.    She had her blood work done today and if her blood levels are good, she can have chemo.  If not, she has to wait.   So we are praying . . .

I made this homemade chicken pot pie with pie crust maple leaves on it for dinner tonight.  It was YUMMY! and PRETTY!  and hubby and I ate almost all of it by ourselves. 

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have really been wanting to make a great pot pie, doubt if mine would be as pretty, please share your recipe!

catherinesmusings said...

Chicken Pot Pie

1-2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1/2 bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
3/4 cup milk
2 T. flour
2 T. butter
1 tsp. Adobo or season salt
2 pie crusts
1 beaten egg + 2T. water
Make a white sauce by melting butter and adding flour. Stir for 1-2 minutes but don't let it burn. Add milk and stir while it thickens. Add 1cup of broth, seasoning, chicken, and vegetable.
Roll out 1 pie crust and place in a 9" pie pan. Put chicken mixture in pan. Roll out second pie crust and place on top of pie. Pierce with a fork and brush with beaten egg. Bake at 350° until crust is brown and filling is bubbly.