Sunday, April 22, 2012

I May Be Back!

I really can't believe it's been four and a half months since I blogged. Then again, I've had a hard time keeping track of time lately so I guess it has been. For example, how long have we lived in this house? I'm pretty sure it's been a year and a half but it seems like at least three years. How old is Charlie? He'll be four in June but he seems two to me, while it also feels like I have had him forever. Charlie got a hair cut while I was away. He really needed one. Bless his poor, pitiful, filthy heart! This is the before picture:
But Tiva, his groomer, made him happy again. Yay for Tiva!
A couple of weeks ago our daughter and I went to Wheaton College to let them wow us and WOW us they did!
Wheaton is a lovely college that has produced many well known missionaries and evangelists as well as being the alma mater of some of our favorite people. Our daughter wants to be a missionary and we think Wheaton would be a great fit. They are a relatively small college in a cute town that is close to a big city. Wheaton is a thirty minute train ride from Chicago, where we had a wonderful time.

We took the train into the big city.


We ate great pizza.


We explored Millennium Park


and had a great time checking out the people and architecture. Chicago is a great city. When I think about Micayla going so far away (twenty hours by car), I feel a little sad but I also know she will more than likely live really, really far away after college. At least if she is in Chicago we can use frequent flyer miles to get home every once in a while.

No comments: