Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Weekend

Tuesday of this week was the start of a completely insane 3 week busy-ness on steroids.  Part of the busy-ness includes two retreats.

Haha.

That just seems kind of ironic.

The first retreat was for All Things New, an abolitionist organization I work with.  I like to think of us as a stop on the Underground Railroad for trafficked women.  I am just starting to work with the volunteers for processing/debriefing and I love those heroic women.  I'm not real sure how I got this blessed - wait! Yes I am!  I'm God's daughter.  That's it.  Nothing else, I can promise you that.

Anyway, I was one of the planners for this retreat and by Friday morning I was pretty nutso because of my procrastination tendencies.  But then I got to the retreat center and it. was. beautiful.  And peaceful.  And God met us.  And now I am very grateful and happy.  And peaceful.  I will try to embed a video of the organization that hosted the retreat.  They also do missionary training there.



Last night, since I wasn't sleepy when I got back to my room, I finished this scarf!  I took the picture with my Blackberry, so please excuse the quality.


I love it!

Back to the crazy busy week - This week we are having a dear friend over for lunch Sunday, a party at our house Monday night, then I work all day Tuesday, Wednesday  and Thursday and THEN I leave Friday morning for a week long training that I am SO EXCITED ABOUT!  It will be at Our Father's Farm and I'm sure I'll be tired but very blessed when I return late next Friday night.  

So, if you feel so inclined, pray for me this week and next.  Pray for my family, who I miss a lot. Pray for Charlie, who misses me mucho.  And please pray for me to have stamina.  I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need it.

No comments: