Monday, December 19, 2011

i LOVE this . . .

In no particular order, tonight I feel like writing about things I love:

1. I love Oklahoma. It has been my home state for more than thirty years. The people are friendly. There is beauty all around. My parents live here. And we have a great theme song, which I sing at the top of my lungs every time we cross the border from another state. 'Ohhhhhklahoma, where the wind comes screamin' down the plain!' Yeah. I sing the whole thing. Whatever conversation we are having can pause. If people are sleeping, I try to sing kind of quietly but it somehow wakes them up anyway. I don't know why.

2. I love my sisters. They are my best friends. They are the ones I call to rant, brag, cry, get advice, laugh, and make plans. I love hearing about the details of their lives and I love being a part of the good times and bad. I love their children like they were my own and enjoy their successes with pride and pray for them in their difficulties. My kids love their cousins more than anyone else on Earth. Oh, and did I mention we are going to see them in one more day!!!! Yippee Skippee!!!!


3. I love my hubby. He is so smart and sees things so clearly when they are cloudy to me. He is flat out crazy about me and lets me know it every day. I am such a lucky woman.


4. I love my doggy. He and our big, black dog were at my mom and dad's from Friday morning until Sunday night and I missed him so much. While he was there, he was eating his dinner with the big dog watching him. The big dog eats in the morning, don't worry. Charlie stopped during his chow down, turned and placed 3 pieces of dog food in front of Zeek, and resumed his meal. Isn't that sweet? That's just like him. He is sweet and funny and wonderful.


5. I love my kids. Our son has been home more lately and I have been enjoying heady conversations with him about quantum physics and the sovereignty of God. He's brilliant and it's always (ok, usually) been so fun being along for the ride as he grows up. Our daughter and I have been eating lunch together pretty often lately and I enjoy her so much! She and I have so many similar interests and I really feel honored to be her confidant. I am a blessed mama.


6. I love my job. As a counselor I do see some really sad things. In fact, I think Christian counselors should have front row seats to watch Satan being kicked into the firey pit by God at the judgement. But I also have a front row seat to some of the most amazing things God does and God does some amazing things! Also, because I work at a Christian ministry, I get to be close to some amazing people who love people only a little less than they love Jesus. Working with other believers on things that I think matter makes my life feel so worthwhile.

7. I love Christmas. How amazing is it that God came near?! Immanuel! God with us.
Glory to God in the highest and on Earth, peace among men upon whom his favor rests.

No comments: