Saturday, April 23, 2011

"They have taken my Lord and I do not know where they have laid him!"

This phrase was on my heart this morning when I woke up.  I can literally feel the panic and despair in Mary's heart as she said this to the disciples.  This feeling has been heavy on me today.  Mary had no idea that the greatest miracle in eternity past, present, or future had occurred and she was the first one to see it.  She only felt grief and then panic as she looked for Him. 

One of my favorite parts of my job is being with people as God does amazing things in their hearts.  I tell my friends that frequently I have a front row seat to what God is doing.  But so much of the time, right in the middle of their miracle, my clients feel their greatest despair.  And it's true for me as well. 

As I walk through difficult times in my own life or sit with my client's through their 'dark night of the soul' or love my family or friends through a difficult time may I remember this.  While Mary was saying 'they have taken my Lord', He was RISEN!  He had triumphed over sin, death, and the grave for all humanity.

No comments: