Sunday, March 6, 2011

Charlie Haiku

In honor of PW's recent haiku contest and because I still haven't found my camera cord, I offer this ode to my dog:

"Charlie is my dog


He is a white fluffy mess


Of love and kisses"


I don't think it's officially a haiku since it doesn't reference anything in nature, unless you consider Charlie to be something in nature.  And no, I didn't name him after PW's dog.  I didn't know about her when I met him.  Here's a picture of him on our first day together.  Isn't he the cutest thing ever?!




And this is what he looks like most of the time - especially when he wants me to play with him instead of working on progress notes.



I admit that I am a little bit obsessed with this dog.  I do try not to dress him, although I did buy a sweater for him on clearance at Walmart and haven't been able to make myself return it.  And a frog costume for Halloween. And I've thought about crocheting something for him.  Hey, I'm just being honest here.   He's never actually worn any of them though because - well, honestly because he doesn't like them.  I know.  It's ridiculous. 

Well, I just thought I'd share The Cuteness with you.  You are welcome.  Feel loved.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

He is a very cute dog. So I understand your obsession with him. And I understand the sweater and the crocheting something for him. I must tell you, though, that what I can't understand is the frog costume. When you find your camera cord, please take a picture of him in it so I can understand.

catherinesmusings said...

The plan was that I was going to dress up as a princess and he was going to be a frog. The costume has a little crown on it. Charlie HATES it though. LOL!