Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Finished!! :)



I finished the baby blanket I've been working on for my new grand-nephew!  I am so proud of myself!  I love finishing something because it allows me to say "so there!" to that voice in my head that says I never finish anything.  Yeah.  I know that's twisted.

In other news, doesn't 'grand-nephew' make me sound old?  Somehow being a great-aunt sounds older than being a grandmother.  I don't know why.  Anyway, my grand nephews and grand nieces are so adorable that it doesn't matter at all.  And anyway, I kind of like getting older.  It makes me feel wise.  Here is that adorable little boy.  My nephew and his wife are adopting him and we are all so excited!  I can't wait to kiss that baby!  But until I can get to him, my blanket will just have to hug him.  sigh.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You ARE a finisher! Yay! From one crocheter to another - I am impressed!

Sandra said...

I'd love to see a picture! Congratulations on all accounts. From one who has only been able to crochet a line....way to go!