Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Crepe-y Necks and Gratitude

“I just looked at my neck and realized it has gotten really crepe-y lately!” 

“Now would probably be a good time to stop looking at your neck.” 

The timeframe of this text conversation included my 17 year old son’s car being totaled by a reckless driver (not him) the weekend before we closed on a house on Tuesday that we had to get painted, re-carpeted and moved into on Saturday so that our renters could move into the house we were vacating on Sunday.  And those were the minor details of that week.  The major parts of that week were that my father had just had hip replacement surgery the week before and the day that I said that, my mother had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. 

Well, that certainly puts that into perspective doesn’t it?  What a silly thing to even think about!  Who cares if my neck gets crepe-y?  Newsflash!  If you live long enough, your neck is going to get crepe-y!  And apparently, from all the stars that have surgically smooth faces but still have crepe-y necks, you can’t really get that fixed.  So, bring it on!  Bring on the crepe-y neck, Lord.  And thank you for my son’s safety and the beautiful house and the renters who were ready right away!  And if I’m going to ask for anything Lord, it’s this – that you would heal my mom and give us many more years and much more crepe-yness  together!
Matthew 6:27 “And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?”

No comments: