Thursday, February 12, 2009

Does anyone think the "bailout" will work?

So, I'm just thinking, does anyone think the bailout will work? If so I'd like to hear from you.
I'm pretty twisted about it. I think the economy is showing signs of straightening out without $280,000,000,000,000 (did you see all those zeroes?)worth of debt piled on top of our already crazy deficit. I think that if we would enforce the laws that already exist, possibly add a few more to oversee the ridiculous loaning practices that got us here, and encourage spending by cutting some taxes, we could figure it out. I DEFINITELY don't think anyone in Washington DC can figure it out! GGGRRRR!
The Bible says that the borrower is slave to the lender. Anyone think that it's a good idea for America to be a slave to China or Saudi Arabia? Exactly where do we think that money is coming from? Yeah, that's right. We're borrowing from our good friends, the Chinese and the Saudis! I'm sure they have our best interests at heart though, right?
I'd be truly worried if I didn't think that God has this under control. I don't think that means it will work out in a way that is comfortable though. I think that he will use it for his purposes - which are always more concerned with our character than our comfort.

No comments: